I shared our Romantic outdoor dinner at home tablescape yesterday and now I am sharing the details of the lemon layered cake! Our Romantic outdoor grilled dinner and dessert turned out so delicious!
Layered Lemon Raspberry Cake
Delicious moist Layered lemon raspberry cake with butter cream and cream cheese frosting
This cake is made using a box mix, pudding, sour cream, lemon water, and 4 eggs. It makes the cake mix rich and moist.
In between each layer I spread raspberry jam and a buttercream and cream cheese lemon frosting. Is your mouth watering yet?
You can see the slices of cake here with the raspberry jam in between the layers. You don’t need a lot just a small amount to give it a little more flavor. You can see my entire tablescape over on this post.
I served the cake on a wooden slab and surrounded the cake with fresh mint leaves and rosemary from my garden. Adding fresh greens of any type just makes everything look so elegant!The decoration on the top of the cake is a sprig of rosemary, fresh blueberries and a faux peony flower.
- 10 slices
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 35 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
To Make cake
Cream cheese frosting
- In a mixer add 3 cups powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese, vanilla and milk or cream and zest from one lemon. Mix until light and fluffy. You can add more milk or cream if it is too stiff or add more powdered sugar if it is too runny.
- Removing cakes from pans. Brush off any loose crumbs as best as you can. Cut each layer in half so you end up with four layers.
- Spread jam on top of each layer and add frosting on top of each jam layer. Frost sides of the cake, pulling off any extra so that the cake shows through. Frost the top of the cake.
- Decoration- Add fresh blueberries and a real or faux peony or flower of choice.
Making the cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare cake pans with baking spray oil or oil and flour. In a mixer add the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, lemon water and sour cream. Mix well. Pour into prepared pans. Bake for 35 minutes or until cake springs back when touched. Let cool for 15 minutes. Flip cakes out of pans onto aluminum foil. Once cakes are fully cooled, cut each cake in half to make four layers.
- Place one layer on cake stand, spread raspberry jam and follow with frosting adding another layer of cake and repeating until top layer. No jam on top layer. Frost entire cake, scraping off sides to look like a naked cake. Top cake with a few fresh blueberries, a sprig of rosemary and a faux flower or real roses (Make sure flowers are not poisinous.)
- Tip- Place pieces of aluminum foil around base before you place cake so when you frost it does not get on plate.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go