I grilled my chicken this morning…with snow still on the ground….but the sun was shinning and it was beautiful outside. I love to get a head start on my lunch by taking advantage of grilling early in the morning. Here is my video and recipe on how to grill chicken. It is super simple!
Ladies Lunch Bow Tie Chicken Pasta Salad
Today I had a couple of friends over for my Ladies Lunch Bow Tie Pasta Spinach Salad with grilled chicken. It has all kinds of yummy goodness in it and everyone loves this recipe! It has a tangy sweet Chinese flavor that you just can’t get enough of. You basically can use ingredients you might already have in your fridge!
After the chicken is grilled and cooled. I sliced the chicken on an angle and then into thirds for nice even pieces. At this point I get a pot of boiling water going to cook the bow tie pasta. Once the water is boiling, I add in some salt and pour in the bow tie pasta. I cook it for about 10 min or until it is done.
Fresh baby spinach leaves have a little sweeter flavor so I really like to use that in my Bow tie spinach salad. I add in chopped cashews, mandarin orange slices, toasted sesame seeds and the cooled bow tie pasta…yummers!!
You can see how I created this Ladies Lunch Bow Tie Chicken Pasta Salad tablescape over on my blog. I used pretty cloth napkins with a chunky napkin ring and bright colored green salad plates onto of textured placemats. It was so fun to visit with friends and enjoy this delicious salad!
- 10 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
Grilling the chicken
- Grill Chicken- Marinate 2-3 chicken breast halves in 1/4 C olive oil, 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar, Weber Beer can chicken seasoning and 1 tsp Kosher salt Sooo good! I even use it on my veggies! Marinate for 10-30 min
Make the pasta
- Boil water, add salt, add pasta cook until done. Approx 10 min
Make the salad
- Mix dressing ingredients. Add to cooked pasta and chill. Toss together Pasta and fresh Salad ingredients before serving.
- The dressing makes a lot so you may want to refrigerate the leftovers. Keep salad in fridge until ready to serve.
- If you don't have time to grill some chicken use some rotisserie chicken from the grocery store!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go