These Vietnamese Summer rolls are super healthy and look beautiful!
Vietnamese Summer Rolls
Vietnamese Summer Rolls are a healthy alternative to the deep fried spring rolls you may be more familiar with. They usually consist of meat or seafood with stacks of colourful, thinly sliced vegetables, wrapped up in rice paper wrappers.
They don't even need to be cooked, making them a great quick snack or lunch. Equally, they would make a stunning appetiser to have as part of a multi-course Asian meal.
They are great served with a Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce or satay sauce and the summer rolls themselves are so versatile, you could really experiment with the filling!
Filled with a mixture of colourful vegetables of your choice!
Great served with a sweet chilli dipping sauce.
- 10 Rolls
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
- Ensure your prawns and vegetables are all prepped before you begin.
- Fill a roasting dish with warm water and plunge a rice paper wrapper into the water for about 5 seconds, until it becomes soft and pliable.
- Remove the wrapper and place straight onto a lint free towel.
- Place your filling on the wrapper, in a vertical line, leaving about 1cm at the end of the wrapper to be able to fold it in.
- Now you need to wrap up your filling like a burrito. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the bottom of the filling, then take the short end of the wrapper and roll over the top of the filling keep rolling until the filling is wrapped in tightly and secure.
- Serve immediately with the sweet chilli dipping sauce.
- This recipe is so versatile, you can change the filling to whatever vegetables or meat you like!
- Also goes great with a satay dipping sauce!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go