Dutch Baby Pancake
Is there anyone in this world who doesn't like pancakes?!
Quite probably not, but on the other hand, most people don't like making them. Including me.
To prepare a Dutch baby pancake or a German oven pancake you’ll need the usual pancake ingredients and a pan suitable for the oven. And just a bit of time.
This pancake is perfect for breakfast or as a snack, in both, sweet and savoury combinations. You can easily combine it with fruit, whipped cream or vanilla custard. If you prefer savoury combinations, you can follow my example here or use other toppings of your liking. I can also suggest avocado, smoked salmon, cheese... Options are endless.
- 2 portions
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 430 °F. Keep the skillet in the oven for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mixture. Mix all the ingredients except butter.
- When the mixture is ready and when your pan is hot, take it out of the oven and toss butter cubes in.
- Work fast enough to keep the butter from burning. Make sure that the butter coats all sides of the pan. Pour the pancake mixture into the pan and place everything in the oven.
- Keep your eyes on the pan. You can tell it’s cooked enough by its colour and volume. It will take approximately 12-15 min.
- Add toppings of your liking and enjoy.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go