Savory & Sweet Couscous Stew With Chicken Thighs, Yams, & Cranberries
You guys this meal is so full of flavor and wonderful texture. It's the perfect weeknight dinner for fall and an easy crowd pleaser for a dinner party!
I grew up eating a lot of couscous and have spent many years experimenting with different ways to eat it. This has been a go to recipe of mine when I first moved out and lived on my own. It's so easy to make a big batch of it and it tastes amazing as left overs!
It's got such a wonderful mix of flavors. You have the savories from the cumin, turmeric and paprika, mixed in with some sweetness from the dried cranberries and cinnamon.
I purchased the chicken thighs from a local butcher in my neighbourhood, Meridian Farm Market, that has the best cuts of meat.
I promise you this is a beautiful and delicious meal that will not leave you disappointed!
Watch my video for a quick reel of how to make this!
- 4-6 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
- Heat a large pan on medium to high heat, drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sautee onion and garlic until translucent
- Add the chicken thighs and stir until cooked
- Add all the spices and stir well until the chicken thighs are fully coated
- Add the diced yam and mix well
- Add tomatoes, stir well and bring to a boil
- Add water and bullion cube, stir until cube is fully dissolved and mixed well with the rest of the ingredients in the pan.
- Add dried cranberries and stir
- Stir frequently and cook until cranberries are plump and yams are tender
- Add couscous and stir and mix well until it absorbs water and is cooked. If you need more water, add a little bit at a time.
- When couscous is cooked, add parsley and mix it in.
- Serve immediately with additional parsley for garnish.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go