A hearty bowl of mini meatball and tortellini soup
Mini Meatball & Tortellini Soup (Instant Pot)
It's soup season, folks, and I usually make at least one a week! Great for a quick, hearty dinner on busy nights when everyone needs to eat at different times, plus leftovers make for a perfect Thermos lunch. This is one of my favorites because it's cute LOL. Mini meatballs from my favorite local Italian market, and mini tortellini or ravioli if you can find them! In today's soup, torteLLINI: they looked small in the package next to the regular sized torteLLONI, but boy did they grow in the broth. I know I've purchased smaller ones before... Anyway, use the smallest you can find! Cheese-filled pasta and meatballs, floating in a tasty, tomato-y broth seasoned with garlic and herbs... Serve with a spoonful of parmesan cheese on top and a hunk of crusty bread. Perfect fall food!
Inspired by @dianemorrisey
Seasoned with oregano, rosemary, thyme, bay, paprika, garlic and aromatics.
Make yourself a bowl today!
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Turn the Instant Pot to the sauté function, and sauté carrot, onion, celery, and garlic in 2 T olive oil. Sauté 5-8 min.
- Add all seasonings and cook a few more minutes.
- Add in tomato paste and cook into vegetables for a few minutes.
- While vegetables cook, boil a pot of water for cooking the pasta. Cook tortellini at least half way, then rinse with cold water to separate. (If you don't cook pasta before adding to soup, the pasta will soak up all the broth.)
- Add into pot: beef broth, tomato puree, and water. Add in meatballs and tortellini. Turn Instant Pot to Soup function for 8 minutes. When the time is up, natural release or manual release.
- Remove stems from fresh herbs out of the soup and serve!