Pineapple Braised Chicken Tacos (slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker)
This combination of Polynesian and Mexican flavors will rock your world. This taco has a little bit of tropical fruit flavors (such as pineapple and mango), sriracha, and lime. You can make this dish in a slow cooker or a pressure cooker. I actually used my Instant pot and used the slow cooking feature.
This version of what I like to call "Poly-Mex" chicken brings all the wonderful flavors of the classic dish right on home. After trying this, you and your family will keep coming back for more.
This is best served with rice, on a tostada, or like I did, on a taco. You can top with a lime wedge and Sriracha.
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 4 Hours|Total time: 4 Hours 10 Minutes
- In a slow cooker or pressure cooker, throw in the chicken, pineapple juice, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, ketchup, minced garlic, mango and sriracha. Slow cook for 4 hours or cook in a pressure cooker for 20 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on. When the food is ready, with a slotted spoon take the chicken out and place on a baking sheet. Leave the juice inside the slow cooker/pressure cooker. Broil for 1-2 minutes in the oven until the chicken caramelizes. Scoop as much juice as you want back into the baking sheet and serve the chicken on a warmed tortilla. Garnish with cilantro, lime, and sriracha!
- Do not add juice when you broil the chicken
- You don’t need to broil the chicken but it helps the texture
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go