Cook the fillings.
Bacon and Cheese Quiche
If you've seen my quiche crust recipe, you will know I am a big fan of quiche. It is such a versatile dish. Breakfast, lunch or dinner; hot or cold; a range of possible fillings - what more can you ask for!
One of my favourite quiche fillings is cheese and bacon. An absolute classic and with good reason! I love this recipe because it doesn't skimp on the bacon and cheese. Every bite of quiche is indulgent and you'll keep wanting to go back for more. Even better, it uses just a handful of ingredients and is ready in no time for a delicious and impressive meal!
Until the bacon is browned and crispy.
Set aside your fillings - cooled bacon fillings, mixed cheese and egg and cream mixture.
Place prepared quiche crust in baking pan
Fill the pastry - bacon, cheese then egg mixture.
After baking, leave to cool for at least 10 minutes.
And it's ready to slice and serve!
Indulgent slice with each satisfying bite of cheesey, bacon filled goodness!
- 12 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Hours|Total time: 1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Pre-heat oven to 200C (390F). In a large pan over medium high heat, heat olive oil then add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook until bacon is crispy and browned. Set aside to cool.
- Place eggs, cream and milk in a bowl and whisk to combine. Season lightly with pepper and garlic flakes if desired (skip the salt as the bacon and cheese mix are salty).
- Place quiche tin with cooked quiche crust on tray. Fill with cooled bacon filling evenly across base of crust along with cheese mix then pour egg and cream mixture over the top. P
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes until the top is golden. Set aside to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- See separate recipe for quiche crust. Alternatively, you can use a store-bought pie crust shell.