Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
I don't know about you but I am always looking for quick and easy weeknight meal ideas! Between work and family life, things get a bit (or a lot, let's be honest) hectic when it's dinner time. While I try my best to meal prep, sometimes a quick meal mid week needs to happen...and happen fast!
Forget the boring meatballs you once knew and try out these delicious mozzarella stuffed meatballs! This dish comes together in just 30 minutes and incorporates pantry staples like pasta, sauce and cheese.
These meatballs are tender and full of flavour with a nice cheesy and ooey gooey surprise in the middle. Sounds yummy, right?! They are! And are super easy too!
Say goodbye to your boring pasta night and kick it up a notch with these delicious meatballs. Enjoy!
- 2 Dozen
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, onion, soup mix, bread crumbs and seasonings. Mix until fully combined. Set aside.
- Take your block of cheese and cut into even bite sized cubes. I cut mine about 1/2 inch in size. Set aside.
- To assemble your meatballs, start with 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture. Take one square of your cheese and press it inside. Take another tablespoon of the meat mixture and press it around the cheese, making sure the cheese is totally covered. Roll between your palms until smooth and looks like a meatball! Set aside.
- Once all your meatballs have been formed, heat oil in large frying pan. Place your meatballs in a single layer and cook for 6-8 minutes per side on medium heat until brown and crispy. Turn over and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Once browned, all your favourite sauce to the skillet. Lower heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes until warmed through and bubbly. Serve meatballs over cooked spaghetti and top with additional cheese and parsley. Enjoy this easy dish!