Crescent Sausages Rolls
Crescent sausage rolls or pigs in a blanket are a wonderful snack, and are also just as good when you want a savoury breakfast!
Being both adorable and irresistible, they bound to be plucked when left on the dining table.
The actual sausages are up to you, we chose honey-filled finger sausages, but you could have a spicy Italian sausage in there, or if you want to cut on the meat, use vegetarian sausages instead (keep in mind the bread recipe is NOT vegan or vegetarian), or make your own sausage if you're up for that!
Beware these little buggers are very hot on the inside, so do let them cool down unless you have a tongue of iron.
Please check for other recipes on Instagram: olivia_homecook
- 36 Rolls
- Prep time: 1.5 Hours|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 50 Minutes
- Proof the yeast by dissolving it with 1 tsp of sugar in warm water, stir well and set aside for around 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine warm milk, butter and egg. Add 2 cups of flour, sugar, salt and the proven yeast. Mix until smooth and add the remaining flour, work the dough for 8-10 minutes until a smooth and elastic dough forms.
- Leave covered for about 1 hour until it has doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts. Roll each portion and flatten into a circle (about 30cm or 12inch in diameter). Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Place a sausage into each wedge and roll it to form a crescent.
- Cover and let it rise until doubled in size or for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 175° C. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 10 - 12 minutes, or until they are golden in color. Take it out and transfer onto wire rack.
- Brush it with butter to give more flavor and a nice shiny color.