A super satisfying meal that can be done in the oven or on the grill.
Honey Soy Salmon
My recipe for honey soy salmon is a satisfying, delicious dish that works well any time of year. In the colder months, prepare as the recipe below, in the oven, but in warmer months it is fantastic on an outdoor grill. The combination of soy and honey with the punch of ginger is a ying and yang of flavors that bring pure happiness to the dish. There is no doubt this will become a regular rotation into weekly menus. Not only is it so good but also so easy. What more can you ask for?
You can serve this dish family style or prepare individual plates. Fish needs to be served immediately as it does not retain heat as much as a meat dish. If you have two ovens, put one oven on the warm setting to keep all items warm as you plate. The recipe is for 8pp and can be made for less and still works- just divide by how much you need. I like to serve this with coconut rice and the flavors are incredible!
Salmon ready to be marinated with the soy, honey and ginger
Place in a baking dish and let all the flavors seep into the salmon before cooking. Easy!
- 8 people
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Remove any small bones on salmon, rinse with water, cut in appropriate portion size (about 2 inches) and pat dry. Set aside.
- Add honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic to medium bowl and mix well.
- Place salmon in a container with lid or baking dish, pour the soy glaze over all fish coating well, and let marinate for at least 20 minutes or overnight in refrigerator.
- When ready to cook place salmon in a baking dish with all the marinade.
- Heat oven to 350F (180C) degrees.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until slightly flaky inside (temperature to 145F). I check after 15 minutes to determine how it is coming because overcooked salmon is not good.
- Transfer to a serving dish, or keep in baking dish. Add garnish and serve immediately.
- You can make sauce and salmon one day ahead, refrigerate and then take out one hour before cooking.
- Serve with coconut rice for an really delicious experience!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go