Apple Walnut Cake
With fall right at our doorstep I thought it was a good time to start the season of apple and spices dessert. In this post you’re going to learn how to make an easy and quick dessert. This is my take on a very simple and already great dessert but with a little extra touch to it.
This Apple Cake is fluffy and soft but with the small apple pieces, walnut and the nice mix of cinnamon and brown sugar on top you add amazing textures to it. And to make it even better, the cinnamon and nutmeg add a great warmth and spiciness to the cake.
Why have a basic and boring Apple Cake, when you can spice things up and bring it to life?
- 8 Slices
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 45 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Peel and cut the apples into small dices (cut one of the apples into slices for the decoration on top), then using a potato masher or a fork, crush the apple dices until you have a chunky purée. Add the oil, sugar and eggs and whisk until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, all the dry ones including the walnuts, and mix it with a spatula only until it is fully mixed in. Pour the batter into a greased loaf cake pan.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar mix and place the sliced apple on top as well.
- Pre heat the oven to 410°F. Once the oven is preheated, bake the cake for 45mins.
- Crush the apples as much as you want. If you like to taste and feel pieces of apple in the cake, don't crush it so much and leave it chunky. But if not, crush it until it is a smooth purée.
- Whisk the wet ingredients well together until light and fluffy.
- When adding and mixing the dry ingredients, don't over mix it, just mix it until it is fully incorporated.
- The same idea for the apple dices work for the walnuts. If you like a nice crunch, leave the walnut whole but if you don't, cut them into smaller pieces.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go