Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup
Bourbon Pumpkin Smash
To honor the new season (and help alleviate my pain in letting go of summer) I decided to participate in the 1st Day of Fall challenge on IG hosted by Yasmine @whisk_n_whip. I really needed something to get me in the autumn mood, and this was a perfect idea. The theme was pumpkin, so of course my mind went straight to a cocktail. This is my way of embracing fall! The cocktail was inspired by Cake N Knife and is so delicious. It's definitely going to be a staple for the autumn months. Not overly sweet and not overly spicy, it warmed me up just enough to say, hey fall, come on in...
Cinnamon Rimming Sugar
Rimming the glasses
Fill glasses with ice
Mix ingredients in a cocktail shaker and pour over ice.
Sit by the fire and enjoy!
- 1-2 Cocktail
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 10 Minutes
𝐏𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐲𝐫𝐮𝐩
𝐂𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐑𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐫
For the 𝐏𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐒𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐒𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐲𝐫𝐮𝐩
- Add pumpkin puree, water, honey and pumpkin pie spice to a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the syrup is boiling and smooth, remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before making the cocktail.
For the 𝐂𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐑𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐫
- Stir together ingredients in a small bowl.
- Rub the edge of a rocks glass with a lemon wedge.
- Rim the rocks glass with sugar. Set aside.
For the 𝐂𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add pumpkin spice syrup, bourbon and lemon juice for the cocktail. Shake well.
- Fill glass with fresh ice. Strain into cocktail glass.
- Top with soda water.
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go