Apple Cinnamon Mousse
This Apple Cinnamon Mousse is a showstopper and is great to serve to guests, but is insanely easy! Just throw all the ingredients in the blender.
For that perfect Apple taste, you blend up Freeze-dried apples, and mix it with some melted Cinnamon Chips and Heavy cream.
I topped this with some granola I had on hand, but this would also be delicious with nuts, or even some more freeze-dried apples.
You can make this the morning of or even a day or two before serving it- the recipe is really forgiving but will leave you ready to bundle up with a cozy blanket and fuzzy socks by the time you finish it!
- 3-4 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 4 Hours|Total time: 4 hr 10 min
- Blend 1 ounce of freeze dried apples until most of it is ground into a powder- this should only take a few seconds. Place the powder into a bowl- it's okay if there's some at the bottom, just get out as much as you can.
- Pour 1 cup of heavy cream into your blender on medium and blend in 15 second increments until thickened, making sure to wipe down the sides. Pour the apple 'powder' back into the blender with the cream.
- Now melt 5 ounces of Cinnamon chips in the microwave. Once melted, add the 3 tablespoons of Lemon Juice.
- Combine the melted cinnamon chips, pinch of salt, 2 tsp of water, 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon, and 1 tsp of sugar into the blender. Blend on medium-high for 1-2 minutes until thickened, making sure to scrape down the sides once or twice. You can scoop the mousse into serving dishes, then refrigerate, or chill first and then pipe it into your dishes. Just make sure to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Cinnamon chips may not be in every grocery store - I found some at Target- it was the Hershey's Brand
- Make sure you get freeze dried apples and not just dried apples. Those will not blend into a powder. You can also find these at Target
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go