Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce share some delicious bulgogi with you!
Bulgogi is just the best. These Bulgogi Lettuce Wraps were sweet and salty, sticky and crispy, hitting all of the major umami flavours that come with Korean cooking. We were so surprised how different it tastes when we add in a grated asian pear. For all of you trying it for the first time, GET ASIAN PEAR 🍐. It breaks down a lot of the fibers in the steak, and allows the meat to tenderize appropriately.
Whether in a lettuce wrap, on rice, in a taco or by itself, bulgogi is a staple when you are craving beef. We can't wait to make it again!
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 45 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
- Whisk together all ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Transfer the thinly sliced beef, onion, green onion, and carrot to a large plastic ziplock bag and cover with the prepared marinade.
- Remove all air from the ziplock bag and mix well to incorporate the marinade in with the beef.
- Marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat a large cast iron skillet or cast iron grill (or frying pan of choice) over medium-high heat.
- Brush with sesame oil (or olive oil) and grill beef in a single layer until fully cooked (approximately 4-5 minutes). Repeat this process until all meat has been cooked.
- Serve with boston/bibb/butter lettuce, pickled shallots, gochujang, and sesame seeds.
- Slicing beef when partially frozen makes it easier to slice!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go