Goldenberg Apple Cake
A sweet new year calls for a family recipe Apple Cake!
You hear it in the movies and on TV: "That's grandma's special recipe, given to her from a long line of grandmas before." I think this recipe for Apple Cake is the only one in our repertoire that has been passed down through the generations, and enjoyed at many holiday meals. It's surprisingly easy, especially when you have a helper peeling and coring apples!
Wishing everyone a year filled with sweetness, joy and a whole lot to be thankful for.
This full recipe can also be found on our website here.
- 9 peices
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 50 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 10 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Grease an 8X8 pan and set aside.
- Peel, core, and slice apples. Place into a large bowl and toss with 1 tsp of cinnamon. Transfer apples to greased pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, and oil until well combined.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture until smooth.
- Pour batter over the apples until all apples are covered.
- Sprinkle the top with leftover cinnamon.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until top is golden brown.
- If you'd like to make a larger cake, use a 9x13 pan and 1.5x the recipe!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go