Breakfast Sweet Potato Boats
Sweet potatoes are a staple in my kitchen! I love them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacking and prepared in both sweet and savory ways! This recipe is simple, versatile, and makes a great breakfast or snack!
This is also added sugar free and is a Whole30 compliant meal! My favorite stuffed sweet potato involves slowly baking a sweet potato until it is soft in the inside, and then fluffing it up with a fork, and topped with sliced banana, almond butter, chia and hemp seeds and sprinkled with lots of cinnamon. It is absolutely DELICIOUS!
Other options involve swapping out banana for strawberries, using your favorite nut butter, and adding toppings like cacao nibs, toasted coconut or your favorite granola and adding a dollop of creamy great yogurt.
You can also take a shortcut and microwave your sweet potato for 4-6 minutes until it is soft.
Find more recipes on my blog: www.sweetescapekitchen.com
Fluff up your baked sweet potato but leave it in its skin and then add cinnamon!
Add sliced banana, chia and hemp seeds.
Top with almond butter and more cinnamon!
- 2 servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 50 Minutes|Total time: 55 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash your sweet potatoes and poke it with a fork a few times. Spray it with olive oil and bake for 50 minutes. Check to see if your sweet potatoes are done by poking them with a fork - the fork should be able to go all the way through the sweet potato when done.
- Let the sweet potatoes cool for 5 minutes before slicing them in half, but don't cut all the way through. Fluff up the inside of the sweet potato with a fork. ((If you want them on the sweeter side add in the brown sugar to the sweet potato and mix in while the potato is still in its skin. ))
- Sprinkle cinnamon on to the sweet potatoes. Then slice your banana into coins and distribute evenly among the two bananas. Add almond butter, chia and hemp seeds. Sprinkle with more cinnamon and enjoy!!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go