How yummy do those muffins look? They make a perfect little snack for at home or on the go.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Now that fall has arrived, my baking is back in full swing. There is just something about the cooler weather and enjoying fresh baked goods, not to mention the wonderful aroma they add to your home. These are my favorite banana muffins to make as a treat for the kids. These muffins are so soft and fluffy, not too sweet and have just the right amount of banana flavor. I’m not claiming that this is the most healthy recipe out there (that’s why I call it a treat) but it’s a lot of fun to make with little ones as it only require a few simple ingredients and the muffins bake up fast. Some of my favorite memories with my family have been spent in the kitchen enjoying treats that we have all baked together. Go ahead and give these a try, you won’t be disappointed!
I don’t like to overpower the muffins with too much chocolate. These muffins have just the right amount to give you that hint of chocolate without taking away from the banana flavor.
These muffins don’t last long in my house, but they do freeze very well if you are looking to do some batch cooking.
- 18 Muffins
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Preheat over to 350 F.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl, and then add all of the wet ingredients one at a time. Mix well.
- Fill 18 lined muffin cups 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until done. You will know they are ready when you poke a knife into one and it comes out clean. If the knife still has batter on it bake for another few minutes.
- Make sure to use very ripe bananas.
- These muffins are so yummy reheated with a touch of butter.
- You can also make this into a loaf and bake it for about an hour instead.