Honey Soy Glazed Shrimp Skewers
I'm sure all of us have had one of those days when you open the fridge and realize some of the veggies and fruits don't look so sharp anymore. For those days, I think skewers are a wonderful way to use them in a creative and fun way. This happened to me some time ago, I had some bell peppers, golden beets, pineapple and avocados that were all ready to be used asap. So, I just whipped up some fast honey soy marinade, skewered them together with shrimp and the result was a much appreciated and tasty dish. So go raid your veggie drawer and make some skewer magic!
- 4 skewers
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
For the skewers
For the glaze and marinade
Making the marinade
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade until well combined and honey is dissolved.
- In a small bowl, place the clean shrimp and add the marinade. Cover in plastic film and refrigerate at least an hour.
Making the skewers
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 15 mins prior to using.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and save it to make the glaze
- Assemble shrimp and veggies alternating in each skewer so you have 4 shrimp and 2 pieces of each veggie, in each skewer
- Grill the skewers for 4 minutes on each side
Making the glaze
- Dissolve 1/4 tsp of cornstarch in one tbsp of water and add to the reserved marinade. Mix well.
- Cook marinade in small saucepan until thickened. This just takes about a minute.
- Before serving, brush skewers with glaze and serve over white rice.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go