Green Mango and Jicama Salad
If you like exciting and bold flavors, this recipe is for you! It has a fusion of Mexican / Guatemalan and Thai ingredients that just explode in your mouth. I took Jicama from Mexico, toasted pepita powder from Guatemala, mixed it with green mango and added Thai fish sauce to make a delicious tangy and nutty dressing. Being from Guatemala, toasted pepita powder (pepitoria), evokes many cherished childhood memories. We use it over fresh fruit to add an extra nuttiness to it. It elevates the flavor of the fresh fruit to another level. It reminds me of my school days, when we would have it as a snack. Now this salad is the gourmet grown up version!
- 2 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
For the dressing
For the salad
To make the toasted pepita powder
- In a small pan, add three tablespoons of green pepita seeds. On medium low heat, toast the seeds until they turn a golden brown color. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes
- Transfer to spice or coffee grinder, and grind to a fine powder
Making the salad
- In a medium size bowl, mix jicama, mango and cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle the dressing and mix into the salad.
- To serve, top with cilantro, mint and chopped peanuts
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go