The best tangy yogurt and herb dip. You may also use it as salad dressing. Yummy!
Grilled Chili-Lime Chicken Skewers and Tangy Yogurt Sauce
Some of my friends were asking me for a new chicken recipe to make this summer. There's nothing better than Chili-Lime chicken skewers.
One of my favorite chicken recipes for this summer 2020, is Grilled Chili-Lime Chicken skewers with a drizzle of a homemade tangy yogurt sauce. It is a balanced and healthy meal packed with lots of flavor.
The chili-lime seasoning is the key ingredient to elevate the taste of the chicken breast. This recipe is very easy to make and just a few steps to follow: cubed chicken, seasoning, marinade, assembled skewers with veggies and then grill it to perfection.
The skewers are great to enjoy by themselves, or can the perfect protein for your side salad or favorite grain bowl with veggies. For this recipe, I made a crunchy cauliflower rice, seasoned with salt, lime juice, lime zest, and cilantro, a delicious low carb option instead of white rice. For garnish, I suggest sliced avocado and fresh diced cherry tomatoes. These ingredients will add a pop of color to the dish and, of course, nutritional value.
Lime is one of my favorite citrus fruit and love to use it in dressings, marinades and sauces. The tangy yogurt sauce adds another layer of flavor to this dish, very creamy, and velvety. I love the combination from the greek yogurt, lime and fresh herbs. This makes all the ingredients come together and well balanced. This will totally elevate your taste buds.
For this recipe, I started by cubing the chicken breast and mix in the olive oil and the chili-lime seasonings. The key to this recipe is to marinate the chicken for about 20 minutes so all the flavors are absorbed and will help keep the meat juice not dry. I will assemble the skewers with mushrooms and onions, you may add your favorite veggies, like zucchini colorful bell peppers or tomatoes. These are ready to hit the grill.
For the tangy and bright dip, I mixed together greek yogurt, lime zest, lemon juice, and a blend of herbs that I had in my garden. I used just a handful of these herbs like basil, cilantro and parsley. They are a great combo for this tangy and delicious sauce that can be easily used as either a dip or dressing.
I hope you enjoy this simple, colorful recipe that is packed with flavor. It is one that the whole family will enjoy.
Don't forget to leave a comment down below if you decide to make this dish.
Cheers to happy, healthy and fun plating with Dishplay_it!
Tangy Yogurt DIP with lime and fresh herbs. It is creamy, velvety and tangy. Just delish!
Delicious Chili-Lime Chicken skewers with a tangy yogurt sauce on a bed of cauliflower rice.
Crispy Cauliflower rice with lime and fresh cilantro.
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
Chili Lime Chicken Skewers
Tangy yogurt and herb dip /dressing
Crispy Cauliflower rice
Chili-Lime Chicken skewers
- First cube the chicken breasts in small pieces. Then its time for the seasonings. Start with a a couple of drizzles of extra virgin oil, then add salt, pepper, lime zest and juice, Trader Joe's Chili seasonings and minced garlic clove. Mix well and let rest in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
- It's time to assemble the skewers. For this recipe I am using small bamboo skewers ( they are about 6-7 inches long. You will have to soak them in water for about 20 minutes so they don't burn on the grill. ) You will add the chicken first, then mushroom and onions, then more chicken and veggies until to
- Once the chicken skewers are assembled, they are ready to go on the hot grill. Ot will take about 4-5 minutes each side, turn occasionally.
- Now, for the cauliflower rice, simply sautee in a hot pan with the extra virgin olive oil for about 5 minutes, then season with salt, pepper and lime zest. Sautee for another 5 minutes until the rice gets a little crispy. Lower the heat and add the lime juice and cook for another 5 minutes. Finally garnish with chopped cilantro.
Tangy Yogurt Dip/ dressing
- Simple put all the ingredients in the food processor until smooth consistency.
How to display_it?
- Very simple step and love a ice presentation. In a large bowl, place a layer of cooked cauliflower rice. Then the chicken skewers, garnish with fresh tomatoes and sliced avocado. Then top it off with a good spoonful the the tangy yogurt dip.
- I hope you enjoy this healthy, delicious and hearty bowl. xoxo, Myriam