Top off your casserole with so many delicious toppings!
Mexican Rice Casserole
Looking for an easy, flavourful and delicious dinner idea? This is it!
I love this Mexican rice casserole for an quick weeknight meal. It's packed full of tender ground beef, black beans, corn and rice along with peppers and onions. I love topping off my dish with a TON of toppings; think sour cream, salsa, jalapenos, cilantro and cheese! This recipe makes a big batch so it's perfect to whip up to have dinner ready all week long. Prepping your meal ahead of time does not need to be boring and this dish packs some serious delicious flavour. Make it for dinner tonight!
- 8 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- In a large frying pan, cook ground beef, onions and peppers until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Drain off excess fat and add back into the frying pan.
- Turn heat up to medium. To the beef mixture add in canned tomatoes with their juices, corn, black beans, chilies and spices. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Add in rice and 2 cups of beef broth. Give everything a big stir and cover. Stir every few minutes until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Allow cheese to melt before serving then top with any additional toppings you'd like! Enjoy!
- Depending on the brand/type of rice you use, you may need an additional cup or so of broth. While the rice cooks, if it looks a bit dry, add in 1/4 cup of extra broth at a time until rice is tender.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go