Mini French Toast Cheesecakes
Have you ever had French toast cheesecakes? There are so many different variations of cheesecakes. Just when I have thought I heard them all, I find a new one. French toast is one of my favorite breakfasts, especially when we go out to have it. It is something about not making it? Maybe that is the key to enjoying french toast when you go out versus making it for yourself at home.
Who Made the First French Toast?
First off, French toast is not French at all. This delicious breakfast item was created by medieval European cooks who needed to use every bit of food they could find to feed their families. They knew old, stale bread (French term *pain perdu* literally means *lost bread*) could be revived when moistened and heated.
Most cooks would have added eggs for extra moisture and protein. Medieval recipes for “french toast” also suggest this meal was enjoyed by the wealthy. Which makes sense to me as it always has seemed it was more expensive in restaurants. Cookbooks at this time were written by and for the wealthy.
- 12 cakes
- Prep time: 25 Minutes|Cook time: 17-22 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 4 Minutes
Graham Cracker Crust
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Using a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until combined
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the crust into the cupcake liners
- Using a flat bottomed round cup, press the cup into the crust to make a firm crust
- Set aside
- Using a hand mixer, beat together the sugar and cream cheese until combined and smooth
- Beat in the sour cream, ground cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until combined
- Beat in 1 egg at a time until combined
- Scoop 2 ½ tbsp of the cheesecake mixture into the crust
- Bake in the oven for 17-22 minutes or until the edges are firm and a really light golden brown starts to form
- Allow the cheesecakes to cool for a few hours in the fridge
- Follow the directions on the back of the box of the french toast sticks
- Once heated, cut into little 1inch squares
- Pile on the french toast onto the top of the cheesecake
- Drizzle the syrup
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go