Ingredients: pretzels, White chocolate melting wafers, mini M+Ms, and Sugar sprinkles
I wanted to make some chocolate covered pretzels in the shape of Angels for Christmas. So after thinking about it awhile, this is what I came up with. I love how they turned out, and I think you will love them, too! They make amazing gifts!
Angels assembled, ready for next step.
Dark Chocolate Angel Pretzel
White Chocolate Angel Pretzel
White and Dark Chocolate Covered Angel Pretzels
Angel Pretzel as big as a child's hand!
Backs of chocolate covered angel pretzels
closeup of back of angel pretzel
- 6 Pretzels
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
- Melt white chocolate wafers in a coffee mug using the "melt chocolate" or low setting on your microwave.
- Dip original sourdough pretzels into the white chocolate and lay on wax paper.
- Sprinkle coarse sugar sprinkles on immediately before the chocolate hardens.
- Assemble everything into position: wings, straight pretzel sticks for legs, and one round unmelted chocolate wafer for the head. Repeat 6 times.
- Using melted wafers in a ziplock bag with the corner cut off, squeeze enough white (or dark) chocolate for the body, connecting wings and legs. Also carefully go over the head section, connecting body and head all together.
- Add mini M+Ms for eyes immediately, or use melted colored wafers for eyes later.
- After the body hardens, use colored melting wafers for the hair (and eyes, if you did not use mini M+Ms).