These Thai Sweetcorn fritters have the same texture as fluffy American-Style pancakes, but house the sweet and spicy flavours of sweetcorn and green chillies.
Thai Sweetcorn Fritters
These Thai Sweetcorn fritters make the perfect appetisers for a Thai dinner or as a party sback. What's more, they are really simple to make!
If you have ever visited Thailand, you may have enjoyed these on the streets of Bangkok, served hot by street vendors I think a paper bag and drizzled in sweet chilli sauce.
The batter gives a soft, fluffy, pancake style texture and you could even switch out the sweetcorn in favour of a different vegetable if you'd prefer!
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
Goes perfectly with a Thai sweet chilli dipping sauce.
- 12 Fritters
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan until hot and add 2 the olive oil.
- Add the mix 1 large spoonful at a time and fry in batches.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with sweet chilli dipping sauce and garnish with a little extra coriander.
- These are perfect for freezing. Cook up a big batch and freeze some for future meals. Simply defrost fully and fry for 2 minute in each side to warm through.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go