Peanut Butter Cauliflower Protein Smoothie
A delicious and nutritious Peanut Butter Cauliflower Protein Smoothie with no banana! Made with frozen cauliflower, zucchini and protein powder, this low carb and sugar free treat is perfect for a breakfast on-the-go or after a sweaty workout!
If you’re cringing at the thought of a smoothie made with vegetables, you’re me even 5 seconds before I licked the spoon to taste this.
I genuinely had no hope of this turning out like the normal sweet nice cream or shake or smoothie coz there’s no banana or any fruit in here. But thankfully it actually did work out!
Yes, believe me. This was so good, I actually made it 2 days in a row, and only stopped because I ran out of zucchini.
How? The protein powder! It adds in all the sweetness, but without the sugar (or carbs) count.
- 2 Cups
- Prep time: 2 Hours|Cook time: 5 Minutes|Total time: 2 Hours 5 Minutes
- Blend frozen cauliflower, zucchini, vanilla protein powder, milk and peanut butter in blender or food processor until combined. Scrape down the sides or add a Tbsp of more almond milk to thin if needed.
- Transfer to a glass or bowl, top with choice of toppings and enjoy!
- To freeze cauliflower and zucchini: Wash thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Recommended: Blanch or steam cauliflower, or pulse in a food processor to make cauliflower rice. Place in a single later in freezer-safe zipper bags and squeeze out as much air as possible. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- If your protein powder is not sweet enough, add some extra powder (and milk to thin) or 0 calorie sweetener.
- To make this Vegan, use a diet-compliant protein powder.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go