Chicken, potatoes and lemons are the three main ingredients needed to make this dish. I like to cut the potatoes in good size chunks so they don’t overcook.
Perfect Roasted Chicken With Lemon Potatoes
There is just something so comforting and delicious about a simple roasted chicken. It’s the perfect cold weather dinner and this one pan version is the easiest thing to whip up. I love that I can prep it all, put it in the oven and forget about it until it’s ready. There is no need to worry about boiling and mashing potatoes, or even making a gravy. This recipe always turns out perfect! The chicken is juicy with a beautiful crispy outside and the yellow potatoes turn out soft, fluffy and full of flavor. If you have been intimidated by cooking a whole chicken, fear not! This recipe is foolproof and sure to impress.
I like to season and mix the potatoes in a separate bowl to ensure they are evenly coated and then place them around the chicken.
The chicken is ready when it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees and the potatoes are soft when pricked with a fork.
And there you have a perfectly cooked and perfectly simple but delicious dinner.
- 4-6 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 1.5 Hours|Total time: 1 Hours 40 Minutes
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Peel and dice the potatoes into 1.5” pieces and put in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil (3-4 tbsp) and season with 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp parsley, salt and pepper. Add the juice of 1 1/2 lemons and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- In a roasting pan add your chicken and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and the juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Arrange the potatoes evenly around the chicken and make sure to pour any of the leftover lemon juice and seasoning from the bowl over the chicken and potatoes before putting it in the oven.
- Place it in the oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours depending on the size of your chicken. The chicken will be done when it has reached a temperature of 165 degrees and the potatoes are fork tender.
- I like to just use my hands to toss the potatoes and arrange them around the chicken.
- I have tried using other varieties of potatoes but yellow ones work the best. They always turn out soft and almost creamy. They compliment the lemon flavor perfectly.
- If you have a nice quality bread such as a baguette it is delicious to dip in the lemony drippings at the bottom of the pan