This recipe is my hands-down all-time favorite peanut butter cookie. The ratio of brown sugar to white sugar in this recipe results in a chewier cookie than the standard peanut butter cookie recipe.
The Best Peanut Butter Cookies
A favorite cookie at my house is a peanut butter cookie. After making a certain peanut butter cookie for 20 years, I’m deeming these cookies, The Best Peanut Butter Cookies.
This recipe is from a cookbook called From Granny’s Apron Pocket that my grandmother gave me years and years ago. I love a recipe that has been around for a long time and this one has. I've mad this countless of times!
This recipe makes six dozen cookies. They store well in an airtight container and they also freeze well.I bake three sheets of cookies at a time in my oven using the convection setting. After four minutes, I turn the cookie sheets and then bake four more minutes.If you don't need a batch of six dozen cookies, half the recipe.
- 60 Pieces
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 8 Minutes|Total time: 18 Minutes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars.
- Add eggs and continue to beat.
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder and salt and add to creamed mixture. Mix well.
- Using a 1 T size cookie scoop, drop balls of dough on a cookie sheet and flatten with a fork. (Note: The recipe comes out just as great without flattening!)
- Bake at 350° for 4 minutes, turn cookie sheets, bake four more minutes. Be sure not to overbake.
- Cool cookies on a wire cookie sheet.
- These cookies freeze well.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go