Warm notes of cinnamon and honey crisp apples, a perfect dessert to embrace fall.
Apple Spice Walnut Blondie Bars
As we reach mid-September, who else is getting excited for fall baking? While I am sad to see summer go, fall is one of my favourite seasons of the year. I love the changing leaves, and the warm spices that make their autumnal debut. To get ready for the season this year, I made these Apple Spiced Walnut Blondies. These blondie bars are filled with honey crisp apples, cinnamon, and are topped with a crisp ground walnut. They are melt-in-your-mouth moist and have subtle hints of cinnamon and vanilla. These bars are also lovely paired with vanilla ice cream if you're looking to indulge.
Delicious square with a walnut crumb top
- 12 bars
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 50 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F, and line a 9 inch by 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper
- Whisk the flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the melted butter and brown sugar together until smooth. Add the vanilla extract and egg.
- Using a spatula, fold the dry ingredients from step 2 into the wet ingredients from step 3.
- Fold in the shredded apple.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and top with ground walnuts
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool for 1 hour, cut into squares and enjoy!
- When baking, check that the batter is fully cooked by inserting a toothpick into the cake and checking if it comes out clean.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go