Not only that, it is super easy to create, looks fabulous, and is a great whip it up dessert when you only have a few hours to create something 'special' for unexpected guests, or a pot luck dinner party.
Walnut Peach Meringue Torte
1 Hours 15 Minutes
- 6-8 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Hours|Total time: 1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Prepare your trays. Line two with baking paper and draw a 23cm circle on each. Use a plate as a guide....
- Measure 150 grams toasted walnuts. If you don't like walnuts - use macadamias, pecans, or almonds. Chop roughly.
- Beat egg whites until thick. Add caster sugar and whip till thick and glossy. Add the chopped nuts and whip until combined.
- Place meringue mixture evenly between the two trays. Place inside the circles. Spread out.
- Bake for 1 hour in a slow oven. 100-120 depending on the heat of your oven. Remove and cool.
- Purée tinned peaches in a blender. Beat cream tablespoon icing sugar until thick. Add the peach purée and combine.
- Sandwich the two cold meringue circles together with the peach cream.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped toasted walnuts.... Chill for an hour and serve cut in wedges.
- Use other nuts if you do not like walnuts.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go