Caprese Flatbread Pizza
Excited to be sharing one of my go to recipes for an easy weeknight meal or quick lunch when I'm in a pinch. This caprese flatbread is all things delicious and super easy to whip up in no time at all! If you are like me and your garden is busting with tomatoes and basil, then this is the recipe for you!
A crispy flatbread crust is topped with earthy pesto, fresh garden tomatoes, ooey gooey melty mozarella and finished off with fresh basil and balsamic reduction. Delicious, right? I've also added on some leftover roast chicken and boy oh boy is that also tasty! Enjoy this super easy pizza recipe.
- 1 Servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Before you begin, thinly slice your tomatoes and place on a paper towel or dish towel. Gently remove the moisture from the tomatoes by gently patting them dry with another towel. Once dry, sprinkle over salt to help reduce any further moisture from the tomatoes. Wait 10 minutes before continuing on to step 2.
- Preheat your oven to 350. Place flatbread crust on baking tray. Spread pesto evenly over the crust all the way to the edge.
- Place tomato slices over the pesto. Top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese begins to melt. Place oven on LOW broil (watching closely!) until cheese is browned and bubbly. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Top with fresh basil and balsamic reduction.Serve immediately and enjoy. YUM.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go