I don’t get much time to myself these days, but every and now and then I sneak into the kitchen for some time to myself and to cook something fun. Today, it’s carrot and ginger soup.
Carrot and Ginger Soup
Late fall and early winter is the perfect time for soup! hearty vegetable soup! With a craving on my mind, I decided to try out some Carrot and ginger soup with my KitchenAid K400 Blender.
I started with this recipe from Simply Recipes, but made a few variations to suit my taste.
Before serving, whip up some cream. I find it to be a nice alternative to sour cream or yogurt. Add a dash of salt while whipping, and voila! a tasty garnish that you can add fresh chives to.
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
Carrot and Ginger Soup Ingredients
- Start by peeling and dicing the carrots, and chopping up the whole onion.
- Saute the carrots and onions in butter about 5-8 mins.
- Mince the fresh ginger.
- Add the water and stock to the pot, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add it to the blender and pulse until blended.
- Before serving, add some whipped cream.
- Add a dash of salt and garnish with fresh chives.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go