Don’t get me wrong, I love a good store bought gift like the next person, but there’s always a place in my heart for a homemade or handmade gift. A tin of boozy whiskey cream caramel popcorn counts both of those in my books.
Caramel Popcorn Recipe
I’m a huge fan of the tasty gift, and I wanted to put a fresh twist on the food gifts we see exchange, with my Whiskey Cream Caramel Popcorn Recipe. Made using Jackson Morgan’s Whiskey Cream using their seasonal flavours, these make quite the hostess gift. Plus, you can always make extra to keep for yourself too! You can't forget that!
You can really have fun with the flavours and make a bunch of different varieties.
Place each flavour in a different tin, with some parchment paper liners and you have a great food gift.
- 3 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 45 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
1 cup of corn kernels
- Place coconut oil in a pot with lid and cook on high heat until melted. Add a kernel to the oil and wait. Once it has popped, remove it, and add 1 cup of corn kernels. Cover with a lid and wait about 30 seconds.
- Remove the pot from heat once the popping has started to slow. Divide the popped corn into 3 by placing them on large sheets with parchment paper.
- Pour 1 cup of Jackson Morgan Whiskey Cream in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir with a rubber spatula to keep it from crystalizing. Once it hits a rolling boil, add 1 tsp of baking soda. The caramel will foam up and froth, at which point you pour it over the popcorn. Fold the popcorn into the caramel mixture using a big wooden spoon.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F, and transfer the caramel popcorn to a roasting pan. Bake for 30-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Add a dash of salt to bring out the sweetness of each flavour.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go