Zucchini Blossom Pizza
You guys want a joke about pizza? Never mind, it's a bit too cheesy. 🍕
Inspired by @fortheloveoffoodandlife, this Zucchini Blossom Pizza is perfect for summer. Made directly in a cast iron skillet, the @ninodaversabakery dough is topped with mozzarella, zucchinis and zucchini blossoms, and finished with lemon zest, honey and a few dollops of ricotta cheese. Because of the hot skillet, this pizza came out MEGA crispy on the bottom, almost like a focaccia. It is so light and refreshing, you may want to make two if you have any company at all!
Sweet, salty and absolutely delicious! Will definitely be a crowd pleaser!
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Heat oven to 500F. Place cast iron pan(s) in the oven while heating up.
- Gently wash and dry zucchini blossoms.
- Use a hand mandolin if you have to slice zucchini thinly and perfectly!
- Roll out pizza dough into two round circles.
- Brush each dough with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- When oven is preheated, take out cast iron pan(s). If you only have one, you will have to do this in 2 batches!
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to each pan and carefully place dough on pans.
- Layer on ingredients: mozzarella, sliced zucchini and then zucchini blossoms.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- When the pizzas are golden and ready, take out of oven. Top with dollops of ricotta, lemon zest, and drizzle with honey!
- For the honey drizzle, we used a hot honey. Not necessary, but a nice addition if you have it on hand!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go