For more on how to make these teas, check out the recipe on my blog (Mom Home Guide), or click on my YouTube video link!
Matcha and Thai Bubble Teas
My daughters and I love bubble teas. We like to go into town together, get some bubble teas and maybe even do a little shopping.
Now we have learned how to make our own bubble teas (also called boba) teas at home! Making the teas is easy and fun. We like to make some bubble teas, and then watch one of our favorite movies or sitcoms together. (My daughters love the sitcom, Friends.) An afternoon of bubble teas and the sitcom Friends has become a fun tradition for us!
What is a bubble tea? Bubble teas start with a tea base. This tea base can be made from traditional black tea, Thai tea (which has additional spices in it), green tea or fruit teas. Milk teas have dairy or non-dairy milk added to them. These brewed teas are poured over ice, and the cooked boba are added. (Boba are tapioca pearls.) I tend to prefer traditional milk tea and Thai tea (which is also a milk tea), while my daughters love matcha bubble teas (made with matcha green tea powder) and fruit teas.
How to Make Bubble Tea
To make boba tea, we first prepare the boba. Making the boba is simple, you basically cook them in boiling water until they are soft and rise to the top. Then we drain the boba tea and mix a little sugar in. They they are ready to add to a boba tea!
Make Your Tea Base
Depending on the type of bubble tea you are making, you either brew your tea base from a tea bag or use a few spoonfuls of matcha tea powder mixed into water. We mix in some milk, pour the tea over the ice and then add some boba. So easy!
- 1 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
Matcha Boba Tea Ingredients
Thai Boba Tea Ingredients
How to Make Matcha Boba Tea
- Fill a mason jar or glass about 1/4 full with ice.
- Fill the glass with milk until the glass is about half full.
- Add cold water, leaving room for boba.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of matcha tea powder and stir.
- Add 2-4 tablespoons of boba, or more if you like.
How to Make Thai Bubble Tea
- Fill a cup with boiling water.
- Add 1 teabag of Thai tea.
- Let the teabag sit in the cup until the water cools.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of 2 % milk.
- Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of sugar to taste.
- Add ice to a separate glass.
- Pour tea over ice.
- Add boba. (I use 2-3 tablespoons of boba generally.)
- To make the boba, pour the boba into boiling water. We cook them according to the package's instructions. They only take a few minutes to make. It's best to eat the boba immediately after making them.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go