A bright and colourful dish for summertime.
Stir Fried Beef With Tangerine
Try this stir fried beef with tangerine if you want something that is a little bit different and dares to combine sweet and savoury flavours together.
Oranges are something I immediately think of using in a dessert, but I wanted to mix things up this time! This beef and tangerine stir fry is the perfect blend of sweet, citrus, salty and spicy notes.
This dish is also very quick to put together, only requiring 30 minutes of marinading time and using a few staple store cupboard ingredients.
Perfect for summer time, the dish is bold, bright and colourful to liven up all of your senses at once!
Marinated beef served with juicy segments of tangerine.
Goes great with either egg noodles or steamed rice.
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 50 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
For the Marinade
For the Stir Fry
- Whisk all of the ingredients for the marinade together in a bowl.
- Add the beef strips and leave to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a large wok until hot, then add 2 tbsps of the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the beef and stir fry until cooked. You may need to do this in batches.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok until hot.
- Add the shallots, stock, soy sauce, rice wine, chilli, sugar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, then reduce the heat to low and leave to simmer for 5 minutes or until the liquid has reduced.
- Return the beef to the pan, along with half of the tangerine segments.
- Stir through for 2 minutes to allow the beef to warm through.
- Serve topped with the remaining tangerine segments and some holy basil.
- This recipe goes great with either freshly cooked egg noodles or steamed rice.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go