A cheeky twist on a traditional dessert that is perfect for sharing.
Spiced Rum and Raisin Bread Pudding
This spiced rum and raisin bread pudding is my take on a classic traditional dessert with an adult twist! The spiced rum and golden raisins pair perfectly well together and the chocolate chips in the brioche give an added sweetness.
Easy to put together, this pudding is a perfect recipe for the amateur baker and it is great for serving at a dinner party as it is all in one dish and serves 8 large portions.
If you want to make the dish alcohol free, this recipe works perfectly well without the addition of the rum too.
Pairs perfectly with Jamaican rum!
Tastes great served with pouring cream.
- 8 Servings
- Prep time: 35 Minutes|Cook time: 50 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 25 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Combine the milk, butter, vanilla cinnamon, brown sugar, rum and raisins in a saucepan.
- Place over a medium heat and simmer until the sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Tear the brioche into chunks and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Tip the hot milk mixture over the bread and leave to stand for 30 mins to allow the bread to soak up all of the milk.
- Add the beaten eggs to the milk mixture and stir in.
- Grease a baking tin and pour the mixture into the tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- Once cooked, allow to cool slightly in the tin before serving. Serve with pouring cream, if desired.
- You can easily omit the rum of you want to make this dish alcohol free.
- Just use regular brioche bread if you can't source it with the chocolate chips.
- This recipe is a great way of using stale bread!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go