Brie and Bacon Hasselback Potatoes
Just look at those little ridges 😍
This wonderful Swedish-born style of potato really does give you a crispy AND tender spud that’s just asking to be topped with something creamy. We did exactly that and filled some of the little gaps with brie before topping with sour cream, bacon and chives. We often hear how tricky hasselbacks are to make but don’t let that put you off, they’re much simpler than people make out.
We made a big old batch of these and ate them with dinner and then the next day as a snack. Potatoes are good for snacking even outside of the crisp packet you know!
To see more recipes and food ideas, visit our instagram on
- 8 Pieces
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 40 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours
- Preheat oven to 200C
- To slice your potatoes and achieve the classic fanned shape, place each potato (one at a time) into the bowl part of a wooden spoon.
- Starting at one end of the potato, about 3mm from the end, slice down until you hit the spoon with your knife. Continue in this way until the entire potato has approx 3mm slices all the way along.
- Heat a baking tray with 1 tbs of butter on top of your hob (stove/cooker) then put the potatoes, sliced side down, into the melted butter until crisp.
- Turn the potatoes sliced side up and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a little drizzle of oil to the top of the potatoes so that they don’t burn.
- Bake in the oven for around 40 mins. If they are not quite crisp enough after this time and the slices haven’t started to fan, put in for another 5-10 mins.
- Whilst the potatoes are baking, thinly slice the brie into a size which will fit in between the slices of your potatoes.
- 10 minutes before the potatoes are ready take them out of the oven and slide the brie slices into every other gap (feel free to put it into every gap if you want them mega cheesy!)
- Now to make your bacon crispies. Heat a frying pan to a medium heat and slice/cut the bacon into small 1cm squares. Put these into the frying pan to dry fry until crispy (about 5-10mins).
- Once the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and place onto a plate.
- Dollop about half a teaspoon crème fraîche onto each potato and then sprinkle with the bacon and chives.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go