Begin by emptying one can of diced tomatoes into a roasting dish. I split my can into two pans in order to fit all the chicken, but if you have a big enough pan it can all go into one. Then you will place the chicken on top of the tomatoes, drizzle with a generous amount of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Simple Chicken and Egg Noodle Bake
This dish is incredibly simple and easy to make using only three main ingredients. The best part is that it’s a one pan dinner so clean up is just as easy. You will be surprised at how flavorful this dish is considering how simple the ingredients are. It’s the perfect cozy comfort food and has very minimal active cooking time so it’s perfect for those days you don’t really feel like cooking. Pair it with a side salad and you have a perfect dinner!
After one hour of cooking remove the chicken from the oven and add in enough egg noodles to cover the bottom of the pan. You can mix them a bit to ensure they are evenly distributed and mixed with the tomatoes. Add in just enough water to cover the dry egg noodles and place back in the oven for 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the noodles are cooked.
Your finished dish should look like this! The chicken should have a nice crispy skin and the noodles perfectly cooked. I like to sprinkle on some parsley at the end for extra colour, especially if I’m serving this up for a dinner.
Once plated I love to add some Feta or Parmesan cheese to the noodles. To me this makes the perfect healthy family dinner when paired with a simple Greek salad, and I barely had to do any cooking at all!
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 1.5 Hours|Total time: 1 Hours 35 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 375
- Empty a can of diced tomatoes into a large baking dish, or split in half and use two smaller baking dishes.
- Place chicken on top of the tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes depending on how big your chicken pieces are.
- Remove from oven and add in egg noodles. Gently stir and add in just enough water to cover the noodles.
- Place the chicken and noodles back in the oven and continue baking for about 20 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the noodles are soft.
- Let sit for a few minutes and serve. Garnish with some parsley and top the noodles with some Feta or Parmesan cheese.
- Do not use chicken breasts for this. They will become to dry and don’t produce enough juices to properly flavor the egg noodles.
- Do not substitute the egg noodles for regular noodles, as they will not cook properly and make the dish to starchy.