The Best Low Carb Protein Green Smoothie
A healthy and delicious Low Carb Protein Green Smoothie made with cauliflower, zucchini, avocado and spinach. This thick, creamy smoothie is packed with protein, fiber and healthy fats for a nutritious drink that makes a great on-the-go breakfast or post-workout fuel.How many times did I have a green smoothie before? 0How many times did I have this green smoothie after trying it? Way too many!I’d been holding off on trying a green smoothie for months and months now. Why? Because the thought of something sweet coming from essentially just green vegetables just didn’t sit with me.But I’ve been seeing so so many Green Smoothie posts on Instagram that just had to give it a try. Do it for the gram right?!Turns out these things work because they get their “sweet” factor from frozen sugary fruit like mango or banana. But I really wasn’t going to have that much “sugar” in one drink!Switched it out for protein powder and added frozen vegetables instead for a much better nutrient profile!
- 2 Cups
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 5 Minutes
- Blend frozen cauliflower, zucchini, avocado, spinach, protein powder, flaxseed meal, cinnamon and milk in blender or food processor until combined. Add more milk to thin if needed.
- Pour into a glass and serve.
- To freeze cauliflower and zucchini: Wash thoroughly and pat dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Recommended: Blanch or steam cauliflower, or pulse in a food processor to make cauliflower rice. Place in a single later in freezer-safe zipper bags and squeeze out as much air as possible. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- If your protein powder is not sweet enough, add some extra powder (and milk to thin) or 0 calorie sweetener.
- To make this Vegan, use a diet-compliant protein powder.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go