Perfect Pumpkin Bars
5 (1 Review)
These cake-like perfect pumpkin bars, topped with fluffy cream cheese frosting are moist, flavorful, and sure to become a seasonal favorite.
Of all of the pumpkin foods out there, these perfect pumpkin bars are my family’s favorite. Moist and flavorful cake with fluffy cream cheese frosting, these bars are a taste of autumn.These pumpkin bars are so easy to make and are a tasty treat. This recipe is a slightly adapted version of Paula Deen’s recipe.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.Ingredients for pumpkin bars:
- 4 eggs or 1 cup egg beaters
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
With an electric mixer, combine eggs (or 1 cup egg beaters), cup sugar, oil, 1/2 cup applesauce, and pumpkin. Mix well.In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
Next, add dry ingredients to wet ingredients to make cake batter.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the center is completely cooked.The mouthwatering aroma will begin to fill your home.While the pumpkin bars are baking, make the cream cheese frosting. It is so easy to make, with only four ingredients.Ingredients for cream cheese frosting:
- 1 block of softened cream cheese
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
Combine softened cream cheese, softened butter, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
Wait until the cake is completely cool before frosting. Try to be patient…it’s so worth it!These perfect pumpkin bars taste like fall.As pumpkin season approaches, I hope you give these flavorful, cake-like bars a try!
- 24 Pieces
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 50 Minutes
Ingredients for pumpkin bars:
Ingredients for cream cheese frosting:
To Make the Pumpkin Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, combine eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, and pumpkin.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine.
- Pour into a greased 9 by 13 inch rectangular baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes,
To Make Cream Cheese Frosting
- With an electric mixer, combine softened cream cheese, softened butter, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla until smooth and fluffy.
- When cake is cooled, frost and cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator. These bars are even better the next day!
- Apple sauce is a great alternative for vegetable oil.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go