Banana for zucchini scale--this is about the size I use when making this recipe. Also, check out how BROWN this banana is The more brown, the better for sweetness!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bundt
Baking with zucchini--what a great way to sneak in extra veggies! We always had so many in our summer gardens growing up, zucchini bread is now a normal part of every summer. This recipe is vegan, almost completely whole wheat and can be a healthy treat any time of day. We love having a slice for breakfast (add a sliced banana and some yogurt), snack (perfect with an afternoon tea), and even dessert (give me all the chocolate sauce!) in my house. The perfect summer bake!
As noted in the instructions, this batter will be thick. Don't worry, and no need to add liquid to make it runny! Just spread it smooth (see next photo) with a spoon or spatula.
Voila! So simple, so tasty, and totally luscious (especially with a chocolate sauce and some fresh berries)!
- 8 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350f and grease bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients except for chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, grate zucchini and press slightly, only to remove a little excess water. (There should be plenty of water left!) Add in mashed banana and remaining wet ingredients, stirring until well incorporated.
- Add wet ingredients into sifted dry ingredients. Once incorporated, fold in chocolate chips, being careful not to over mix.
- The batter will be very thick! Spoon into bundt pan and spread the batter until smooth.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- Using a different type of pan will change baking time--adjust accordingly.
- Melting some extra dark chocolate chips with a few tablespoons of milk as a simple chocolate sauce makes this a luscious dessert!