Instead of Taco Tuesday, how about Tuna Nacho Tuesday?! We have here my version of tuna tartare nachos using raw chopped sushi grade tuna that I marinated in a soy, garlic, ginger, lime, shallot and sesame oil. I sprinkled the tuna over large store-bought tortilla chips, topped with chopped cucumber, fresh mango, avocado, scallions, fresh cilantro, drizzle of homemade sriracha aioli and sprinkle of sesame seeds. This is a great party starter. You could also sear the tuna first if you prefer it cooked a bit more. Either way, it’s an alternate take on a standard poke bowl and will impress your guests.
Tuna Tartare Nachos With Sriracha Aioli
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes Cook time: 10 Minutes Total time: 30 min
- 1-pound sushi grade ahi tuna, diced into small 1/2" pieces
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 tsp. sesame oil
- 1.5 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1.5 tsp minced fresh garlic
- salt to taste, if desired
- 1 Tbsp. Hellman's
- 1 tsp. sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 bag restaurant style tortilla chips (large)
- 2 mini cucumbers diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 large mango diced
- 2 chopped scallions
- Assorted sesame seeds
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and sliced
- Cut tuna into small, 1/2" cubes. Place tuna into a large mixing bowl, followed by shallots, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, grated ginger and garlic. Use a fork (or your hands) to gently toss the tuna in the other ingredients, until evenly coated. Taste the tuna mixture, and add a pinch of salt if you find it necessary. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to combine.
- Scatter tortilla chips across a platter to cover the surface. Top with cucumber, avocado, mango, then tuna. Drizzle sriracha sauce across the top, then finish with a sprinkling of chopped scallions (green onions), sesame seeds and fresh jalapenos.
- Serve immediately.
- Top nachos with the tuna, scallions and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle overtop the sriracha aioli. Serve immediately.
- Mix mayonnaise, sriracha, and lime juice together and pour into a squeeze bottle. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!