Tomato Pesto Veggie Pasta
I love to make this pasta when I have veggies to use up. It is a very fresh and light pasta dish full of flavor and healthy ingredients. Usually the ingredients depend on what I have on hand but the roasted peppers are an absolute must!
I think it is super important to 'eat the rainbow' because meals should be full of color and visually appealing. I believe that the more natural color a dish has from the ingredients, the better it is for you. This bowl may be full of carbs but it is a clean recipe with real ingredients. I mean, who doesn't love a big bowl of pasta?
This is another perfect meal prep idea and can even be served cold or mixed into a salad for lunch or dinner.
Check out my Instagram @tikofoods for more simple recipe ideas!
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Bring a salted pot of water to a boil then add the cut up asparagus pieces
- Blanche the asparagus then remove with a slotted spoon to place in cold water
- Using the same boiled water, add the gemelli pasta and cook approximately 10 minutes until soft, then drain
- Toss the cooked pasta with olive oil in a bowl to prevent sticking
- Heat olive oil in a pan then add sliced red peppers and shallots
- Season with salt and pepper then sauté approximately 6 minutes until soft
- Mix everything together with the tomato pesto and red wine vinegar
- Garnish with parmesan, basil, salt, and pepper then enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go