Curry Chicken-Zucchini Meatballs With Coconut Curry Sauce (Paleo & Ket
Flavor-packed bites of Curry Chicken-Zucchini Meatballs coated in a delicious Coconut Curry Sauce! Held together with almond flour, these spiced, juicy and nutritious meatballs are Paleo and Keto-friendly too!
SO MUCH FLAVOR in here, I just cannot!
After realizing how easy homemade meatballs are (from making Smoky Hot Ketchup Chicken Meatballs a short while ago), I’ve been hooked. This time I wanted to go for a curry flavor though since I’ve really been digging the whole spiced-everything recently.
But I wanted to keep it a little healthy - aka no breadcrumbs - so that’s where the Almond Flour comes in.
- Chicken: Ground turkey works great too
- Zucchini: You can also use zucchini noodles for these chicken meatballs, but chop them up finely and then squeeze all the moisture out.
- Almond flour: Use about 1-1½ Tbsp coconut flour or just bread crumbs if you don’t have dietary restrictions.
- 16 Pieces
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 23 Minutes|Total time: 33 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
Prepare Chicken and Zucchini:
- If using whole chicken breast, cut into large chunks and place in a food processor.
- Pulse (do not process, use the pulse option, or the chicken will form mush) about 10-15 times until it turns into a ground chicken. Work in batches if needed.
- Finely shred zucchini using food processor and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, zucchini, almond flour, garlic, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, and mix well until uniform. Use clean hands!
- Spoon out a heaping tablespoon worth of the mix and use hands to shape into meatballs (about 16) and transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for 23 minutes.
- While meatballs cook, heat a nonstick skillet over medium and fry garlic in oil until fragrant.
- Add broth and stir in curry powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt. Simmer for 3-4 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Pour in coconut milk and maple syrup and mix. Allow to simmer for another 3-4 minutes until thickened.
- Stir in 1 Tbsp cilantro.
- Transfer meatballs to a serving dish, top with sauce and garnish with more cilantro.
- Serve with your choice of side. Rice or Cauliflower Rice go well!
- To replace almond flour use ¼ cup breadcrumbs or 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour.
- Make sure to use “pulse” and not the regular “process” option on the food processor, or it will turn the chicken into a soft mush.
- Storage: Fridge: 3-4 days in an airtight glass container. Microwave on high for 1 minute until warmed through. Freeze raw: Cook curry when serving, or freeze cooked curry separately. Place baking sheet in freezer and allow meatballs to freeze. When frozen, transfer to a freezer-safe bag and freeze. Thaw before cooking, and increase cook time by 3-4 minutes. Freeze cooked: Cook curry when serving, or freeze cooked curry separately. Cook patties and cool. Transfer to parchment paper lined baking sheet and freeze. When frozen, transfer to a freezer-safe bag and freeze. Thaw and reheat in microwave to serve.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go