Baked Fish Tacos With Mango Salsa (Paleo)
Bright and beautiful Baked Fish Tacos topped with a fresh Mango Salsa: The most perfect and delicious balance of sweet and spicy that will definitely leave you wanting more. And they’re paleo-friendly too!
I have Mango trees back at home!
Yes, you read that right. I grew up in India and have about 2 or 3 Mango trees in my back (and front and side) yard.
I grew up indulging in this beauty of a fruit each and every summer. How much? Probably even 3 a day. It was my absolute favorite fruit!
Buut, the one time I bought Mangoes in college when I moved here to the US, they “looked” ripe, but were so raw I just wasn’t willing to risk getting any again. I did have them over the one Summer when I went back home, but that was it.
Then Keto happened so no more Mangoes for me for because those things are way too high in sugar. And then I just forgot they existed - don’t ask how!
But now when I saw mangoes on sale, memories came flooding back and I made the plunge!
- 6 Pieces
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 20 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Spread seasoning blend on both sides of fish and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Roughly cut into large chunks.
- In a bowl, combine the diced mango, tomato, red onion, cilantro, lemon juice and salt.
- Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Warm the tortillas on a skillet or in the microwave between damp paper towels for about 30 seconds.
- Place fish and salsa on tortillas, dividing equally.
- Top with some more chopped onions and cilantro and serve hot!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go