Chocolate Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
A large Chocolate Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Bowl for a filling, nutritious and delicious meal to start your day. This healthy grain-free porridge uses coconut milk, making it a great Vegan option too!
A Breakfast Chocolate Quinoa Chia Pudding!
While this may be a breakfast bowl, I actually had it for my evening meal. Porridge doesn’t have to be reserved for breakfast only.
Putting that aside, quinoa is usually associated with being a substitute for rice - that too in savory recipes. But it can be used for so much more; Sweet or dessert recipes are entirely possible with quinoa - makes them a little more healthy too.
This “seed” - yes, its not a grain - is also a good alternative for oatmeal, and makes a great gluten free porridge.
- 1 Servings
- Prep time: 2 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 17 Minutes
- Place quinoa in a bowl and rinse under running water for at least 1 minute. This is required to remove the bitter taste.
- Heat a small saucepan or pot over medium heat. When hot, add quinoa and toast for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, to dry up water.
- When quinoa starts to slightly pop, add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a low simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes until quinoa is fluffy and all the water is absorbed.
- Transfer quinoa to a bowl, add remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go