Strawberry Spinach Salad With Maple-Poppyseed Balsamic Vinaigrette
A beautiful Strawberry Spinach Salad with chopped onions, pecans and queso, tossed in a sweet Maple-Poppyseed Balsamic Vinaigrette. This fresh, crunchy and sweetly tangy salad is the best you’ll ever have!
I was so so skeptical about trying out this recipe because I never associated strawberries with a savory recipe, but man this salad was amazing.
The combination of sweet fruit and dressing, the crunchy pecans and onions and the subtle flavor of the Queso Fresco was just to die for!
Now that I think of it, maybe it was that maple syrup balsamic dressing that brought it all together, but either way, I’m having this same dinner tomorrow night too!
- 4 Cups
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 5 Minutes
Alternate dressing using store-bought vinaigrette:
- Prepare dressing from scratch: In a small bowl, stir together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup, poppy seeds, dijon mustard, onion powder and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper OR Prepare dressing using store-bought vinaigrette: Stir together balsamic vinaigrette, maple syrup and poppy seeds.
- In a large bowl, place spinach, strawberries and onions, and pour about half the dressing. Toss and add more dressing if you’d like.
- Top with chopped pecans and crumbed cheese, and lightly toss.
- Toast Pecans on stovetop: Place pecans on a dry skillet over medium and heat for 5 minutes, shaking frequently until fragrant. Let cool 5 minutes, then chop roughly. Toast Pecans in oven: Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes until fragrant. Let cool 5 minutes, then chop roughly.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go