Good-for-You Baked Chocolate Donuts (Whole Wheat)
Healthy and homemade Baked Chocolate Donuts made with whole wheat flour and greek yogurt, and topped with a rich chocolate glaze. With no sugar at all, this delicious dessert is actually good for you!
I had such a hard time putting together this recipe, let’s not even talk about it!
Chocolate donuts were always the plan, but I really wanted to make a healthier version, so it was either Whole Wheat or Almond Flour.
To be honest, I wish I had picked the almond flour because there’s so many recipes here on Instagram for those, Whole Wheat not so much. Did some research online and found a couple of recipes to adapt, but it was a struggle.
Those things failed quite bad the first time. A bit too dark - and this is coming from someone who’s a total sucker for dark chocolate baked goods - and kinda dense as well instead of fluffy and light.
Round 2 was okay but Round 3 - which I really didn’t mind having to do - clear success!
- 6 Pieces
- Prep time: 12 Minutes|Cook time: 12 Minutes|Total time: 24 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a donut pan with cooking spray to grease.
- Stir together almond milk and vinegar in a jar and let sit 10 minutes so the milk can go “sour” and form “buttermilk”.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa/cacao powder, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together buttermilk, sweetener, egg, melted butter and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix until just combined.
- Divide mixture evenly among donut pan cavities, filling about ⅔-¾ way up.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the donut comes out clean. Mine were done at 11 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and remove from pan. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together ingredients for the glaze.
- Dip top of donuts in glaze, set down, and sprinkle toppings as you please!
- Storage: Room temperature: 2-3 days in an airtight container. Fridge: 1 week in an airtight container.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go