Light & Healthy Whole Wheat Chocolate Mug Cake
A perfectly moist and fluffy Chocolate Mug Cake made with whole wheat flour for a quick dessert that’s healthy too! This easy, low calorie, sugar-free cake is ‘baked’ in the microwave and comes together in under 2 minutes.
This is without a doubt the most tried and tested recipe I have ever made. It took me 9 attempts to get right. 9 guys!
I have never had to redo a recipe so many times to get it right. Why? Because a healthy, low fat, sugar-free, whole wheat chocolate mug cake is HARD!
Honestly it would have been less bad if I didn’t do 3 photo shoots as well!
One at round 1 back when I first tried it 8 months ago - thinking it would be spot on on the first try like almost all my other recipes. That ended up being so inedible, I trashed it!
Thought I’d gotten the recipe right back then on attempt 4 after switching to a new recipe, but just forgot to post it. And now those photos didn’t meet my new standards.
New reshoot with same recipe on round 5 - pictures were a lot better, but the texture was not worthy!
Round 6 was still bad, so I switched to a new recipe on 7 and it was wayyy better.
Did a re-reshoot on round 8 because it looked a lot different (and better) now too!
Round 9? ABSOLUTE DIVINE PERFECTION!
- 1 Servings
- Prep time: 1 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Minutes|Total time: 2 Minutes
- Lightly grease a 1 cup (8 oz) ramekin or mug.
- In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa, sweetener and baking powder.
- In another bowl whisk together milk, egg white, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add wet mix to dry and stir lightly to form a smooth batter. Do not over-mix, or the cake will be too dense; Small lumps are okay.
- Transfer batter into the mug/ramekin.
- Microwave on high for 45 seconds or until the top is set and dry to touch. Microwave additional time at 5 second intervals if needed.
- Let cool a few minutes, sprinkle on some chocolate chips if desired, and dig in!
- Do not over-mix the batter or the cake WILL be too dense.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go